K.O. You Lose.

The pain of losing my marriage and my goals left me feeling  unqualified to try again in life. It feels like someone socked you on the stomach so hard it bruised your insides. Every time I see something that reminds me of my failed dreams that pain appears and some days I'm okay with it, while other days it knocks me out. Like yesterday, there was a couple about to cross the street and the dad was holding their baby. The baby was crying because she wanted to be held by her mother but the baby kept saying , "Dada" to her. The couple laughed at their child and it was a sweet moment. As I was watching this I began to tear up. You see I wanted to be a mother and start a family with my ex-husband. Instead life decided to give me this; single at 30, no savings, moving back with my mom, starting over in Los Angeles.  I didn't expect any of this but it's my reality, I failed. I've accepted the fact that I majorly screwed up in my relationship but I also recognized that I tried, and sometimes your best is not enough. This is the part that matters, the part where you decide how your failures dictate your life. I chose to look at my failures as a way to mature.

HOW DO YOU THAT?

1. FORGIVE YOURSELF-  I know easier said then done but you have to do it. Accepting that you failed is key for letting growth to flourish in your life. Let your pride down and realize that your faults and deep rooted issues can be changed.

2. FORGIVE THE ASSHOLE IN YOUR LIFE-  Yes  I said it, sorry. Another hard truth but necessary. It was a daily process where I had to pray for him, verbally announced that I forgive him, constant writing, and healing sessions with God. STOP COMPLAINING AND START FORGIVING.

3. FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT- I never understood what it meant to find joy in the midst of pain but I do now. Even when I feel like complete shit, I have to make a conscious effort to reach out to my friends and family. I would go out feeling depressed but being with friends and accepting their loving support, saved me. Praising God, listening to music/worship music, and believing that God is ALWAYS good allowed my perspective to grow in a positive direction.

4. CAUSE I'LL I WANNA DO IS GO THE DISTANCE- Rocky said it. He knew he was going to lose against Creed but he just wanted to try, not give up, and not be another bum on the street.  This is why I love this movie and I can't believe I'm using it as a reference. But I wanted to be like Rocky, still standing even though I was beat up because my life has purpose.

FAILING GIVES YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO GROW EXPONENTIALLY.

I lost but it doesn't mean I'm a walking representation of a failure. If it means I have to cry a little more and go through the pain for a while longer, then so be it. I refuse to let my failures weaken me and so should you. Next time I'll be a different fighter; stronger, wiser, humble, and most importantly victorious.  

For Your Beauty Sleep : Romans 8:27-28  And the Father who knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God's own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

P.S. Whenever you feel down a little alcohol doesn't hurt. Seriously, I'm just kidding and I didn't  know what to write for this section. I have nothing against it though.  Ok Bye!!


Enjoy this clip!





Comments

Popular Posts