Wednesday, March 14, 2012

#1: Ummm am I CRAZY or is it just my PMS talking??

Have you ever felt like the whole world thinks your an emotional mess with countless stories filled with juicy drama and unresolved endings?? Well, I'm not afraid to admit that yes, -_- I can be that crazy girl. A couple of days ago while I was at work, I was just standing there when this hit my head, " People and specifically men think I'm crazy, yeah I PMS like crazy, but I don't want to be that crazy!!!" I realized that the outcome of my craziness is due to my insecurities and forgetting who I am in Christ.

I've been letting my imperfections define who I am and enabling people to only see me as this unstable "wrath of a girl" who seriously needs help.

Definition of Crazy according to the American Heritage Dictonary: Affected with madness,insane. d. Foolish or impractical, senseless.

My thought: "Oh HELL NO!!! thats not me and I'm tired of being this way!!!"

The truth is, I know the antidote and when I asked God what is it he simply said , "KNOW WHO YOU ARE." It's so simple yet so powerful and mind blowing to me. So I began to plan a strategy so that God can beat the crazy out of me. Unfortunetly, life and the decisions I made stopped my plan and I went back being crazy Tanya, I failed. The enemy and his schemes are so annoying but God is much bigger and he truly is my hero. He took me to Psalm 39.

"Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered- how fleeting life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath" Psalm 39:4-5

I love David for his poetic and dramatic impact of words that made me realize that I just gotta keep on pushing and work towards my true identity. His grace and forgiveness I truly treasure because God is simply so wonderful and beautiful, and he still chases us after all our crazy mishaps. It makes me want to be obedient and I fall in love with him more everytime.
So im back and feeling confident than ever!!!

Whats my plan: Everyday I tell myself and proclaim OUT LOUD who I am in Christ!! I exercise my brain by replacing every bad thought about myself with a faith thought. And prayer and devotion are essential. Gals, if you can spend and hour doing your makeup and hair or reading your favorite magazine, I'm pretty sure you can do this! I'm trying so lets try together!
Here's my top pick that I'm learning to memorize; 1Peter 2:9-10

9"But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are ROYAL PRIESTS, a holy nation, GOD's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."

IT GETS BETTER!!

10" Once you had not identity as a people; now you are God's people. Once you received not mercy; now you have received God's mercy"

For your Beauty Sleep: "If you prize wisdom, she will make you great.Embrace her, and she will honor you. She will place a lovely wreath on your head; she will present you with a beautiful crown." Proverbs 4:8-9

This is so much better than any makeup, clothes, or shoes you can ever buy!!

The Lord is good :)

Love,
Tanya Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment